Forbes House – Where Victims Become Survivors
Have you been affected by domestic violence? Forbes House is here to help!
As the only domestic violence shelter in Lake County, Ohio, our non-disclosed location provides an ideal place for survivors in Northeast Ohio to heal from the trauma of abuse and rebuild their lives. Clients who come to Forbes House are matched with government and non-profit agencies in the area to find careers and long-term, safe housing.
We are in the business of rebuilding lives.
No one deserves to be in an unhealthy relationship. Our team of trained professionals is here to make sure that you get the help you need.
All services at Forbes House are provided free of charge. We believe that limited resources should not be a barrier for anyone who needs help.
- Our 24/7 Helpline. Call 440-357-1018 any time of day, every day of the year. A trained advocate will be there to take your call. If you are interested in any of our services, call our helpline and we will connect you to the appropriate individual.
- Our shelter. We provide immediate shelter for individuals in danger due to domestic violence. Clients get the help they need from 24/7 staff in a homey setting.
- Legal Advocacy. Our legal advocates work to support victims of crimes in Lake County’s courts.
- Community Counseling. Anyone who has been affected by domestic violence can make an appointment with a Certified Counselor at Forbes House.
- Community Support Groups. We hold support groups for Adults and Children off-site on Thursday evenings.
- Prevention and Outreach. Our Community Education team speaks with individuals at schools, jails, businesses, community organizations, health and wellness fairs, and everywhere else to help stop domestic violence.
- Aftercare. Once our clients stop utilizing our services, they do not leave our orbit of care. We provide aftercare for clients as long as they need our assistance.
How Can We Help You?
We won’t know until you call. When you’re ready, we’ll be here.