Thank you for your interest in working with Forbes House, please send your resume, cover letter, and employment application form to email@example.com
If you would like to be involved, please consider volunteering with the organization.
Family Advocate Job Description
Forbes House empowers individuals and families to end the cycle of domestic abuse. Family advocates provide direct service to help clients find safe, long-term housing, employment, and other resources as part of a holistic program. Successful advocates enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds in a team environment. The Assistant Director supervises Family Advocates.
The job description is as follows:
- Provide family advocacy for shelter residents including, but not limited to: information, referrals, and situational counseling.
- Provide family advocacy for non-resident callers.
- Implement ongoing, goal-based case management with residents including a review of the case file goals and objectives no less than once per week.
- Lead daily consultations with appropriate staff relative to residents’ progress and concerns.
- Take whatever reasonable steps are necessary to facilitate referrals and assist residents in obtaining goals, and strategizing and introducing clients to specific problem-solving techniques.
- Consult with community agencies and organizations as required; maintain resource booklets on community resources.
- Intake residents into shelter completing all necessary paperwork and entering documentation into the computer system.
- Enforce all house rules by current policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit all documentation, reports, correspondence, and statistics required in the performance of assigned duties promptly.
- Attend mandatory twice-monthly staff meetings, scheduled supervisory conferences, and all necessary meetings/assignments.
- Promote the agency’s goals and objectives.
- Attend training as scheduled.
- Other duties as required by the expansion of facility or programmatic changes.
- One year of experience working in a human service or advocacy role.
- Willing to obtain Ohio Advocate Network registration.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Team-oriented approach to work
This position requires flexible hours and availability.